How do I accommodate a redemption of shares?

Jay Goodis -

The redemption of shares may be included as dividends paid to the shareholder. The Worksheets gives the flexibility to include capital dividend, eligible dividends, and other than eligible dividends.

For corporation shareholders, where any deemed dividends may be treated as a capital gain to the receiving corporation as a result of the Subsection 55(2), you may include the capital gain in the appropriate cell. 


Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.